The Bennett Wagon Enclosure was built to house three of the Bennett Wagons which represent the early manufacturing days in St Marys.
Established in the mid-1800s, James Bennett and his two sons produced wagons for the horse-drawn transportation of wheat and wool. Their wagons were sold across the colony and transported by rail from the St Marys Goods Yard. They were such icons and were probably one of the most important things to happen for St Marys. The wagons were sold all over Australia. The Bennetts were huge employers of workers in the St Marys area. They put St Marys on the map and had the world record for the largest load in 1920.